Willie Nelson Announces New “Spirit-Driven” Family Project, ‘The Willie Nelson Family’
Shit, age is just a number.
Willie Nelson has been pursuing his music career since 1956, and here we are in 2021, and the man is showing no sign of slowing down anytime soon.
The country music legend has just announced his 96th studio album (seriously, he’s pushing the century mark), and this time, he’s bringing his whole family along with him.
The Willie Nelson Family album is slated to drop on November 19th, with special features from his sister Bobbie Lee, and kids Lukas, Micah, Amy, and Paula.
“New album alert! The Willie Nelson Family comes on November 19 and finds Willie joined by Bobbie Lee, Lukas, Micah, Amy and Paula Nelson performing 12 favorite spirit-driven songs from the Nelson Family repertoire.”
The album includes some of the final recordings Nelson made with longtime drummer Paul English, who passed away last year, as well as covers of George Harrison’s “All Things Must Pass,” and Kris Kristofferson’s “Why Me.”
Today, the Nelson fam dropped the first release from the album, “Family Bible,” one of Shotgun Willie’s original hits written all the way back in 1957.
Will Willie play until he’s 100?
I’m here for it.
The Willie Nelson Family Tracklist:
1. “Heaven and Hell” (Willie Nelson)
2. “Kneel at the Feet of Jesus” (Willie Nelson)
3. “Laying My Burdens Down” (Willie Nelson)
4. “Family Bible” (Claude Gray, Paul Buskirk & Walt Breeland)
5. “In the Garden” (traditional)
6. “All Things Must Pass” (George Harrison)
7. “I Saw the Light” (Hank Williams, Sr.)
8. “In God’s Eyes” (Willie Nelson)
9. “Keep It on the Sunnyside” (A.P. Carter)
10. “I Thought About You, Lord” (Willie Nelson)
11. “Too Sick to Pray” (Willie Nelson)
12. “Why Me” (Kris Kristofferson)